Magellan GPS Update
What are the features of Magellan GPS Devices?
- Magellan GPS devices have a wide range of state-of-the-art and user-friendly devices that cover the needs of diverse users.
- Magellan GPS will give you an up-to-date version of your GPS.
- Magellan GPS devices give users guidance so they can reach their destination in zero longevity.
- Upgrade to Magellan GPS gives you an opportunity to enjoy groundbreaking GPS technology.
Why is there a need for Magellan GPS Update?
Magellan GPS Update is important to ensure that GPS devices have optimum health and flawless performance. Updating Magellan GPS is critical because it will work more efficiently by updating it. It also allows for a better version of the technology for your device.
Steps To Perform For Magellan GPS Update
Step 1. The very first thing you need to do is connect the charger to your Magellan GPS unit. This is necessary so you can enjoy a continuous power supply.
Step 2. Visit the official website for downloading Magellan Content Manager
- The next step is to download the Magellan Content Manager after connecting your GPS device to the Charger.
- Visit Magellan’s official website to download it, by entering the “magellangps.com” URL in the Address bar of the browser.
- Hit the Enter key after this, and wait for proper loading of the pages.
- Tap “Support” on the website homepage.
- With this, you’ll get a download link, to start the process, click the download link
Step 3. Install the Magellan Content Manager
Once you’ve completed the installation process, install the program by closely following the on-screen prompts.
Step 4. Link your Magellan GPS device to your computing device
- You are now supposed to connect your GPS device with your computer or laptop.
- For the purpose of connecting you have to use the USB cable that comes along with your product at the time of purchase.
- Take out the USB cable and connect one end of the cable with your computer or laptop and another end with your GPS device appropriately. While inserting the wire, make sure that you have inserted it in the correct slot.
- Once you have connected the cables to both the devices it will automatically turn on your GPS device.
Step 5. Launch the Content Manager application
- After turning on your GPS device, open the Content Manager application that you have already installed on your device.
- Tap on the icon that you will trace either on your Desktop or on the System Tray to launch the Content Manager application.
- With this, you will reach the main interface of the Magellan application.
- You now have to register your Magellan device. You can do so by login to your Magellan Account. Enter the login credentials associated with the Magellan account in the respective field.
- The new user has to create an account first to login to the Magellan account. Visit the official website magellangps.com and create your account.
Step 6. Magellan GPS Updates
- After that, click on the option “Check for updates.” You will get this option yourself in the Content Manager application.
- The content manager will check the update by doing so. If it is available then you will receive a popup notification box. This popup box will show you all the Magellan GPS updates available for both software updates and Map updates.
In case of Free Update
- To download and install the update click on the “Get Now” tab.
- Wait until the Magellan GPS updates procedure is complete.
In case of Paid Update
- Press the “Get Now” button.
- This will redirect you to the purchasing webpage.
- There, select your “Family Product” by tapping on the down arrow.
- After this, you have to select the name of your Product model. You can opt for your product model from the drop-down menu list and tap the “send” tab from the same window.
- With this, all the updates that is available for your Magellan GPS device will be shown on the screen.
- Afterwards, you have to log in to your Magellan account using the registered email address and password.
- Opt for the product that you wish to buy and tap the “Add to Cart” option.
- Then select your Product Model from the drop-down list and hit “Send.”
- Now you will get all the updates that are available.
- Then, sign in to your account Magellan.
- In addition, you must select the payment method and enter all the payment details you require.
- Right-click on the Magellan icon from the System tray.
- Now, you have to opt for “Syn Purchase Features/Content” from the extended list of options available.
- This will automatically start the installation process for the Magellan GPS updates.
Step 6. Disconnect your Magellan GPS Device
Once you have finished the process, you can disconnect your device. Your Magellan GPS device now will automatically restart. This will complete the procedure for the Magellan GPS updates with success.
What are the functions performed by the Magellan Content Manager?
- Magellan Content Manager is a software application that is available to all Magellan GPS device users.
- This software is designed to speed all Magellan GPS systems up to maintenance and operation.
- It enables you to access stored locations, to record your devices, to download updates, etc. This gives you full control and flexibility over your GPS devices.
Why there is a need to register the Magellan device?
It is important to register the Magellan device because it allows the software to link the device to the Magellan servers. Also, it is important to understand that after installation the content manager recognizes your GPS device.