Magellan is one of the leading portable GPS navigation companies founded in 1986 and is recognized as an industry innovator and leader. It provides a GPS device with the best quality that holds the attention of many people. All Magellan devices are famous for delivering exceptional features that make the journey easier for users. Although all Magellan GPS devices are excellent in performance, people encounter issues with their GPS devices.
Furthermore, there are several ways to fix the issues related to the Magellan device. Thus, by resetting the GPS device, the user will access the updated data properly without any problem. Therefore, for all users, we’ve here discussed the step by step guidance on How to reset a Magellan GPS device.
Advantages of Magellan GPS Device
Magellan GPS devices are well-known for their advanced navigation features. Hence, with lots of updated features, it allows the users to have a hassle-free traveling experience. Furthermore, below we have stated the advantages of the GPS device.
- Magellan GPS devices never run out of the update.
- All GPS devices are continuously updated to have an authentic and reliable navigation experience.
- The user can save their favorite map on their system.
- It always notifies the user whenever new updates are ready to be installed.
- Magellan devices help in predicting traffic and save a lot of time.
- The GPS devices can be installed in any region and are easy to update.
- It helps the users to manage and update GPS settings to keep them up-to-date.
Magellan devices are best when it comes to accuracy and signal quality of the GPS locations.
Ways to reset a Magellan GPS device
All users are recommended to perform the reset procedure to fix the GPS device issues. Resetting GPS devices will help resolve any error that the user may get for Magellan GPS update or firmware update.
The following are the ways to reset a GPS device. So follow the steps as discussed below.
Reset Magellan Device with Main Menu
- To reset the Magellan GPS device with the main menu, perform the following steps.
- Click on the “Main Menu” option on the GPS unit.
- Then from there, select the “View” option.
- After this, click on the “Settings” option.
- Then tap on the “Restore Factory Settings” option.
- Now a confirmation message will appear on the screen.
- From there, click on the “confirm” button to reset the device.
So, now proceed further and read the other methods as well to reset the Magellan GPS device.
Reset GPS device with the Power button
With the help of the power button, the user can reset their Magellan GPS device. So, scroll down and follow the steps mentioned below.
- Find the power button on the GPS device.
- After this, check the label and slide it on the “OFF” side.
- Then hold the button for 8-10 seconds.
- After that, release the power button.
- Now the GPS device will reboot on its own; if it does not, turn it ON manually.
- After this, the device will turn ON with its original factory settings.
Note: All settings or the local data will be erased.
Reset Magellan GPS device with the Pinhole Button
If the touchscreen is not responding, then perform the following steps to reset the Magellan GPS device.
- Take out the GPS device unit from the vehicle.
- After this, find the tiny hole located at the backside or the bottom of the GPS unit.
- There is a label of “Reset” mentioned on the tiny hole.
- Press this button with the help of the pointed object.
- Keep pressing the reset button for a minimum of 10 seconds.
- After this, the GPS device will turn off and goes into the reset process.
- Now after a few seconds, turn ON the device.
Most probably, by applying these steps, the GPS device will start working correctly.
With the help of all these ways, the user can easily reset the GPS device. Moreover, if any user fails to perform the reset procedure, they should all contact the experts for assistance. The professionals of Magellan GPS are always there to assist the users. So, without wasting much time, get in touch with the professionals and ask them for guidance to reset the Magellan device.